Router dust collection
Anyone have a suggestion on what i can do? I have a DeWalt 621 plunge router. The collection is up through one of the plunge supports. I would like to connect a small hose to the router (size?) and then to my dust collector. I will support the small hose from above to facilitate routing. I think the connection is 1 1/4" but i haven't been able to fing the right hose.

Roger
My suggestion would be a shop vac, instead of a dust collector for that small of a hose.
Yup same here. Need a shop vac. The shop vac has allot higher air speed and much higher inches of vacuum.

Imo every shop should have a central vac system along with the dc.
I use a shop vac as a central vac. It sits outdoors, by the sawdust trailer.

A shop vac is better than a dust collector for catching router spray. I use a variety of hoses and positions, depending on where the stream is being sprayed. Locating the inlet in the stream of moving dust collects the most. Sometimes this is below the base,sometimes through the handle, sometimes in the router table fence.

What are you routing?
Amazon sells a Fein adapter that you can cut to whatever size you need to transition between the port and the shop vac hose.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I can't comment on the hose size, other than I feel there is a de-standardization conspiracy afoot in the industry to keep us guessing on sizes I will second the shop vac thing though... When necked down, a shop vac will suck harder. A DC will just move less air. Sanders and hand held routers need the shop vac...
Benny

Just in case no one mentioned it, don't use your DC . It just won't be able to overcome the resistance, switch to a shop vac.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
GNP said:

My suggestion would be a shop vac, instead of a dust collector for that small of a hose.

What they all said.
As suggested us a shop vac. Rockler has this hose with universal connections.
those connectors work pretty well, if what your connecting them to fall in the size range. The hose has a bit of pull since it wants to stay contracted.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark