Mynewest project
I made this item for friends mom. It says for those that may not be able to read it well: Birthdays Families and Friends. let me know what you think.[Image: IMG_2909.jpg]7.jpg[/IMG][/URL] the second pic only has the link there its made with spalted pecan and chalk board paint.

You basically put the name and date on the circle and then hang it under the appropriate month for that person.
Pretty cool, CNC laser?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Laser engraved by a friend.
Nifty. Explain how the little buttons are made/acquired.

The wife has wanted me to make these for years. The sign is easy. For me, I'd CNC the lettering. The hanging buttons I hadn't wanted to make.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I glued together two pieces of spalted pecan. Then with the help of a friend he trimmed the wood with his jointer and then turned them round on his lathe. And then cut the cirlces with his bandsaw. then my wife painted the two coates of chalk board paint on. I predrilled the holes and then added the eyelet hooks and took some of the eyelet hooks and pulled them a part a little to making like hooks. I put 6 coates of polyeurathane on the board and left the cirlces natural.
glennw said:

I glued together two pieces of spalted pecan. Then with the help of a friend he trimmed the wood with his jointer and then turned them round on his lathe. And then cut the cirlces with his bandsaw. then my wife painted the two coates of chalk board paint on. I predrilled the holes and then added the eyelet hooks and took some of the eyelet hooks and pulled them a part a little to making like hooks. I put 6 coates of polyeurathane on the board and left the cirlces natural.

that sounds like a lot of work.

Got a close up picture?
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Nice.

What are the round things for?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The circles are used to put a person name and birthdate on it and then hang it from the hook their birthday month is.
mike ill try to see if one of the other pics I have is closer. The buyer of the item has it to give to his mother now. I am getting pics of it once its hung at the house.