How about brace dating?
Ok, now I am getting greedy...ya'll helped me with a plane...know anything bout this brace? The only markings left on it is CT, USA.

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
I don't know but I think I have one just like it.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I have the North Bros, Stanley, etc versions but this is my favorite.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
It was made by John Fray in Bridgeport, CT. It's a Spofford patent chuck. If it's earlier it might have been made by Fray and Pigg. It's a great user brace- nearly indestructible and with the very popular Spofford chuck.

Lots of information on Fray and Spofford on Sandy Moss' page here: http://sydnassloot.com/Brace/Fray.htm
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Not sure what I really expected based on that title, but I was fairly certain you were going to have a passage on taking your brace dancing, and to the movies.

I guess having learned the truth it is much less disturbing
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

Not sure what I really expected based on that title, but I was fairly certain you were going to have a passage on taking your brace dancing, and to the movies.

Since as far back as I recall, if I search for "Stanley Plane Dating" with Google I always get a Google AdWords advertisement for "(40+) Connecticut Dating - Dating Service For Busy Singles‎"

Although, now that I think about it, the results now say (40+) dating. They didn't used to. Dammint I'm not 40 yet. Soon, but not yet. Let's not rush things, Google.

Josh

..not 40 and not single.
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

JClark said:

[blockquote]Steve N said:

Since as far back as I recall, if I search for "Stanley Plane Dating" with Google I always get a Google AdWords advertisement for "(40+) Connecticut Dating - Dating Service For Busy Singles‎"

Although, now that I think about it, the results now say (40+) dating. They didn't used to. Dammint I'm not 40 yet. Soon, but not yet. Let's not rush things, Google.

Josh

..not 40 and not single.

[/blockquote]

The results are based on your search history!

I never date braces, they're screwy, and they make your wallet thin.
When you pick up your brace for the date, don't forget to bring her a bouquet of auger bits. I have a feeling this little brace would be especially fond of Jennings pattern bits.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Bibliophile 13 said:

When you pick up your brace for the date, don't forget to bring her a bouquet of auger bits. I have a feeling this little brace would be especially fond of Jennings pattern bits.

And don't forget to protect your lead screws with elastic covers. Brace dating can be dangerous these days.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Never dated a brace myself. They just go around in circles.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com