In what do you store your mixed finishes?
Examples are mixed shellac and thinned polyurethane. Even with bloxygen, I have problems keeping finishes liquid. Thanks in advance.
Canning jars. I do some canning from time to time, so I have a good collection. I use a black marker on the lid to ID the finish and date.
Scoony said:

Canning jars. I do some canning from time to time, so I have a good collection. I use a black marker on the lid to ID the finish and date.

Scoony: Thank you. Do you mean something like Ball Mason Jars with the two part cap?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DIZ...rden&sr=1-4
I also use canning jars, but not with the 2 piece lid. The gasket on those lids isn't very durable, and many solvents will dissolve it kind of gluing the lid to the jar. They sell one piece plastic caps for those to use as food storage. I've used those, and so far haven;t had any problems....not to say there won't be. I also store that stuff in the fridge. Recently I acquired some of these stop loss bags , though I haven't tried them out yet. But I look to replace the glass jars (which are a disaster if you drop one) with them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have both the two piece lids and one piece plastic lids. The one piece lids are more convenient, but I have not noticed an issue with the seals on the two piece lids.
Canning jars. I usually use the one piece lid but if it's going to be awhile before I use them I use the two piece assuming tat there is no solvent problem.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Bill,

Empty caviar jars, of course. The Beluga ones are the best. Don't get too many of them, however.

I keep it ultra-simple. I save used paint cans and use one if one is available (you can buy new ones at the BB store) and pickle jars, usually upside down.

I do a fair amount of French Polishing and keep the shellac mixture, along with the pad, in a pickle jar. Shellac is a great adhesive so I put waxed paper between the screw cap and the jar to keep the lid from sticking too much. Works OK.

I do not expect these to last for years, but sometimes they have.

Doug
Thank you who responded. I will explore the alternatives.
I keep my finishes in plastic bottles. You'll have to poke around the innerweb to find them. My finishes are solvent based so I buy them from a supplier that specializes in them. (2) HDPE/ (1) PET and (4)LDPE are usually pretty good for chemical storage. Mine are listed as (7) "other". But I understand that they're actually HDPE with a coating on the inside. This is what the & insignia on the bottom looks like. Make sure they are opaque.

I use these caps.

Typically I use 8 and 32 oz bottles.
I also use a 3/8" stainless steel nut in each bottle as a shaker. Make sure it's stainless, I buy them by the box from McMaster Carr. Put your finish in the bottle and turn it upside down to seal it before putting it upright again and storing.

Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Thank you all who contributed. This is the year to get control of my nemesis, finishing