2001 PM 66 5hp Motor
I just picked up a 2001 PM 66 with a 1ph 5hp motor. I was told these saws had Baldors but the motor tag is Powermatic. I assume it's still a Baldor made for Powermatic but I have seen 66's with actual Baldor tags.

Is my motor indeed a Baldor?
Timberwerks Studio 木材場

I cant remember what my 3hp label is (pretty sure it says baldor though and mine is a 2008 model). I know when I called a supply shop looking for a centrifical switch, I gave them the number on the plate, and they said it wasnt a baldor number. They asked what it was off of....and they said they had to call to cross reference it.

I got the idea it is made by baldor to PM specs and not just an off the shelf baldor motor. I could be mistaken though.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I've seen the case where the model number was the same. Maybe a pic of the motor plate?

Doug
I got a good look at the tag, manufactured by Baldor. The saw is in excellent condition.

Timberwerks Studio 木材場

I think you were just setting us up forms gloat.
That's the PM66 Special Edition right? 30" fence? Mine may be the same year that I bought new around that time. I believe one of the last years that it was US made. A truly excellent machine.
Rick LoDico said:

That's the PM66 Special Edition right? 30" fence? Mine may be the same year that I bought new around that time. I believe one of the last years that it was US made. A truly excellent machine.

PM66 were always made in USA.

I have the one of the last ones off the production line in Jan 2008....and it has made in the USA all over it.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

This one has the 50" fence. I just posted more photos on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...6415221682
Timberwerks Studio 木材場