Powermatic 15HH won't start
Planer won't start. This happened to me before. This fix is in the switch box, but I forget what. Anyone want to jog my memory?

Thanks!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
internally there is a reset button if that is what you mean

The other is to rotate the stop button then start the planer.

while you are in the box if that is the issue turn the amps up to 13 IIRC so it can work a bit harder before tripping
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks, sorry for wasting your time -- trivial wiring issue that I missed before posting.

All fine now.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Don't leave us hanging, you gotta tell what the trivial problem was, save the unwashed ignorant masses from missing the same trivial problem. Plug came out? breaker? or loose wire in the switch? waiting with bated breath.
rayknight said:

Don't leave us hanging, you gotta tell what the trivial problem was, save the unwashed ignorant masses from missing the same trivial problem. Plug came out? breaker? or loose wire in the switch? waiting with bated breath.

It's kind of technical. The issue was traced to a line exhibiting switched behavior in an unswitched hot line, resulting in infinite impedance in one arm of the circuit. The issue was diagnosed with a volt meter. Visual inspection confirmed that the minimum gap between the A/C wire and the contact point had been exceeded. The issue was rectified through manual application of...

OK. A wire popped out of a pigtail connector terminal. I screwed it back in.

Best,
Aram, always learning

Aram said:

It's kind of technical. The issue was traced to a line exhibiting switched behavior in an unswitched hot line, resulting in infinite impedance in one arm of the circuit. The issue was diagnosed with a volt meter. Visual inspection confirmed that the minimum gap between the A/C wire and the contact point had been exceeded. The issue was rectified through manual application of...

2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Lumber Yard® said:

[blockquote]Aram said:

[/blockquote]