Looking for these hinges
I just bought a new (old) house and want to replace the hinges of the cabinets in the family room. They have several layers of paint and want satin nickel finish ones.

I took one off and I have never seen any like it before. They are semi-consealed but have these threaded inserts that go into the face frame and door and then screw into those inserts. They also have a 90 degree bend in them that fits into the rabbit cut into the door as they are partial inset doors.

Has anyone seen these before and know where I can get replacements?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Inset ..overlay . Looks to be 3/8 *3/8
The mounting method is odd. With the single screw. OLD?????

DLH
fishhh4 said:

Inset ..overlay . Looks to be 3/8 *3/8
The mounting method is odd. With the single screw. OLD?????

DLH

Yea that is all I could find. But those don't use those inserts and the way they are mounted I cannot screw normal inset overlay hinges without removing the inserts which looks to not be easy.

My guess is they are original to the house which was built in 1978.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Can't help with a supplier

But my track house built in mid-80's used the same hinges

May help with dating them
why not just strip and refinish the existing ones?

JMO
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

https://www.knobs.co/hinge-double-demoun...wYxcaAvJm8P8HAQ

Amerock Double demountable 3/8 inset hinges
Hardware store or even the box stores may carry them. I have used similar bought at HD or Lowes. My hinges mounted with 2 screws on each leaf instead of 1 like yours.
Leinie said:

https://www.knobs.co/hinge-double-demoun...wYxcaAvJm8P8HAQ

Amerock Double demountable 3/8 inset hinges

The one thing I'll note is that over the years, and sizes can change slightly. Don't toss anything until you get a couple of these and verify they are the right animal.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Excellent idea to order 1 set and try them.
They also make a single demountable that mounts the same on the door side, but uses regular screws on the edge of the face frame. If you shop around you may fing more color options.
JGrout said:

why not just strip and refinish the existing ones?

JMO

Because time is important to me and I would like to save it if possible.