LN Tool Event New Jersey
Just stumbled on it.
This coming weekend - Friday and Saturday at Willard Bros.
http://www.willardbrothers.net/
Ag
Well there's Karma in action. Right on my birthday.

Think someone is trying to tell me something?
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Bless you Ag. I missed the last one. Haven't been to Willard Bros for a while. They tend to be expensive but do have some very nice timber.

Doug
I went last year and it was fun. Central Jersey Woodworkers had some neat stuff to check out. But, it was definitely much better when they came to Frank Klausz' place. Even with the sale, Willard Brothers is expensive, but definitely convenient.

Blew my L-N budget this summer, but I'll still try to make it.

Steve
Shop Dad said:

... but do have some very nice timber.

Doug

Yes they do.
Much better now that it is all in the showroom, well lit, vertical, and warm in the winter.

I plan to go on Friday.
Ag
Didn't go to the event last weekend at Hearne Lumber because of the weather.
Think I will make up for that this Friday.
Thanks for posting.
Anyone go today and how was it?
Tried to go but work got in the way.....
Gonna try again tomorrow....
Ag
AgGEM said:

Anyone go today and how was it?
Tried to go but work got in the way.....
Gonna try again tomorrow....
Ag

I went around noon. I'm really close, so it was worth the drive. Normal Lie-Nielsen set up. Central Jersey Woodworkers were there, so I learned a few things and got a couple of cool ideas. Will probably try to get over there again tomorrow for a bit to see if there's any wood that may be affordable. Willard is expensive even when they run a sale. But some nice stuff.

No plow plane sighting and I didn't see any of the new green woodworking tools they've been selling, but am not surprised by that. I don't think they get that many. But it was still fun leaving work to play for a bit.

Steve
Work day here too. I'm shuttling kids tomorrow but will probably have a chance to get there.

Doug
We made it over to the LN event on Saturday. It was fun to talk my 12 year old son through all the different tools. He enjoyed trying out some planes and the dovetail saw. On the way home I asked what his favorite was. He said he liked the shooting plane/shooting board set up and taking those really fine shavings. We got to talk a bit about fibers and cutting end grain cleanly but I don't expect much of that to stick yet.

Several guys from the Central Jersey Woodworkers club were out by the lumber yard giving demonstrations. We had a nice talk with them as well, and my son got some hands on instruction to boot! It was a good day.

Chamfering with a block plane.

Doug