Adirondack Chairs Complete!
Finished these just in time for some Texas fall weather sitting.  Lee Valley plans in cypress finished with 5 coats of Epifanes.

[Image: M4iNQC4.jpg]
Nice! How about some closer pics?
Those look great. So did you run out of Epifanes or run out of patience as Epifanes recommends 7 coats IIRC? I've done as few as 5, too. I think as long as you put on a fresh coat every year you'll have no problems. If you wait until you get a breach in the finish, however, it's a lot more work - this I know. I found Winter to be worse than Summer where I live, so now I either bring the furniture under cover or put a cover over it if I have to leave it out.

John
John
"Sugar land Texas"
His winter is your summer
Nice chairs by the way, would also like bigger pics
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
Here's the best close up I could get - hard to get a good shot without reflections/glare.

[Image: D86nEES.jpg]

[Image: BdkBsgE.jpg]

As far as the Epifanes I pretty much lost patience after 5 coats.  The chairs will be under cover most of the time so I think 5 will be fine.  I applied the finish before assembly (apply to one side, let dry, apply to other side, let dry = one coat complete.)  Took FOREVER.

I was very pleased with the plans.  I think I have enough wood left for one footstool.
Trusty Rusty said:

John
"Sugar land Texas"
His winter is your summer
Nice chairs by the way, would also like bigger pics
Rusty

And his Summer is my never - just the way I like it!

John