Sketch-up Questions
1. I want to take a board that is 3/4" thick and say 20" by 40". In the middle of that board I want to make a rectangle of say 5" x 36" and have the wood become a drawer front so on the main panel I need to have that area disappear and become a separate component. I drew the rectangle and tried push/pull to make it disappear but I was left with strange results. Any pointers?

2. I need to create some mitered corners on the foot section. how would you put a 45 degree angle on the end of a board in Sketchup?
sroxberg,

If I understand your first question correctly, draw the two rectangles first. Then use push-pull to make the main panel (20" by 40") into a 3-d board. That should leave the hole in the middle that you want. Make it a group or component so later work won't stick to it. (Erase the remaining plane at the bottom of the hole) Then draw your drawer front separately.

Second problem is solved by the follow me tool. Probably the examples in whatever resource you are using will show this use of the tool.

As you learn, your questions may become quite challenging to answer this way. I found that I needed a good reference book to learn more advanced (and useful) aspects of SU. Sketchup for Dummies was useful. Also, a book by Bonnie Roskes called something like Sketchup Exercises is excellent. See web page

Doug
Steve, I could show you in person tomorrow afternoon. I brought my laptop with me.
Thanks Dave, I'll buy lunch.
sroxberg said:

Thanks Dave, I'll buy lunch.

Mac or pc? I have both with me.
Thanks for the lunch, Steve. It was great to meet you in person today, too. So hows that chest model coming along?