Walter Croft, wood carver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQ45T4xO8g
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Barn-

WOW!!!

In fact, I need to be in Providence next Wednesday for some bidness....I'm going to look up that Woodcraft store.

Thanks for posting that.
Dumber than I appear
Saw it on Chronicle, and looked him up.
Dumb_Polack said:

Barn-

WOW!!!

In fact, I need to be in Providence next Wednesday for some bidness....I'm going to look up that Woodcraft store.

Thanks for posting that.

The Rhode Island store closed in 2011, Walter's locker and some of his carvings are now at the Woodcraft Store in Walpole, Mass.
Jerry K.
Thanks for sharing. This is amazing.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Thanks Jerry,

Yeah, I went to Woodcraft.c om and sadly there isn't a RI store anymore.

I'll swing by the Walpole store on my way back.
Dumber than I appear
Very talented guy! A couple of years ago, the cover of one of the quarterly Lee Valley Tools sales flyers had a carving of a leather jacket that was incredibly realistic. I can't remember the carver's name. Someone on this forum also posted a link to a video of a carver that carved books or famous documents that were incredible. Years ago, at Woodcraft in Orange County, I met a carver with an east European accent who said he'd made $300,000 the prior year just from carving. Never got his name. There are a lot of very talented carvers out there! Especially in the duck decoy world (albeit they do a lot of their work with power carvers).
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It's about 2 miles north of Gillette Stadium, on Route 1, in the southbound lane.