Jet Air Filteration
I have a Jet Air Filteration that started shutting off
when it felt like it. Sometimes would run all day, other times
just a few minutes and anything in the middle. Then not at all.
Had it taken down and while on the bench I turned it on with the
button on unit and it ran until I turned it off.
Bought a new remote and it turns the
motor but won't engage to stay on. Any suggestions as what the
problem may be. I ordered Jet remote with model number. The
Jet is ASF-1000B. Thanks, Sandra/ Gaturner
GaTurner said:

I have a Jet Air Filteration that started shutting off
when it felt like it. Sometimes would run all day, other times just a few minutes and anything in the middle. Then not at all.
Had it taken down and while on the bench I turned it on with the button on unit and it ran until I turned it off.

Okay. I follow you to here. By inference, at this point you could not turn it on with your remote (even with fresh batteries in the remote).
GaTurner said:

Bought a new remote and it turns the motor but won't engage to stay on.

Not sure what turns the motor means. Does it still work when you push the button and run until you push the button again?
GaTurner said:

Any suggestions as what the problem may be. I ordered Jet remote with model number. The
Jet is ASF-1000B. Thanks, Sandra/ Gaturner

I don't know if Jet uses an infrared (IR) or an RF remote.

If it is IR, then the receiver lens might be dirty or have sawdust in it.

If it is RF, do you have any fluorescent lights strobing in the shop? or notice any odd sparking noise on an AM radio in the shop?

When it was sitting on the bench, was the air flow obstructed/different than it is now?

If it is now back to hanging, then you might have a loose screw in the plug or in the receptacle.

Hopefully, if nothing else, a bump back to the top might get you better answers from someone who owns that same unit.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
iClark's advice is very good.

iclark said:

I don't know if Jet uses an infrared (IR) or an RF remote.

The Jet uses IR. (Their Powermatic line moves up to RF.)
I ordered a new remote and cleaned around the
sensors and its working fine on the bench. Will
hang it back up and see. At least the remote was
only $20. Could have been motor. Thanks everybody
I always get great answers from you guys. Sandra
GaTurner said:

I ordered a new remote and cleaned around the
sensors and its working fine on the bench. Will
hang it back up and see. At least the remote was
only $20.

Glad you got a working solution. Since you cleaned the sensors, does the old remote work better now too?

If the problem continues you may need to replace the circuit board in the air cleaner. It's not a difficult thing to do but a new board does have a substantial cost. You may want to do a search on this forum as there have been other questions similar to yours. One even suggested re-soldering a new component to remedy the problem.