Removing Unisaw motor question
I need to remove the motor from my X5 Uni (at least I think I do, to get the top off). I removed the left bolt, and the retaining clip on the pivot rod. Motor is on a jack. Maybe a dumb question, but how do I get it off? I don't want to persuade the pivot rod unless that's the right thing to do. Or am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Remove the pivot rod. And good call supporting the motor the with a jack. The motor is heavier than you realize. DAMHIT.

--Geoff
Aram said:

(at least I think I do, to get the top off).

Motor does not need to be removed to remove table top. Table top comes off by removing the 4 underside corner bolts from the cabinet... after removing bolts just lift the CI table straight up to remove from cabinet.

Motor removal:
IIRC the motor pivot pin has a clip on both ends and can only be removed in one direction. It has to pulled from the knurled head side. Based on your pic the clip on the other end of the pin needs to be removed to pull the pin out.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Lumber Yard® said:

Motor does not need to be removed to remove table top.

Oh, right. Cabinet saw. [me] [me] Thank you. Top is off now.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site