Tool Cabinet Finally Finished
The cruddy florescent light isn't very flattering. It looks a little nicer than this. As you can see, I paid no attention to grain pattern or sapwood, but I've grown to like it. I enjoy having made something useful and long lasting out of my low-grade lumber stash.

T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
Scott W said:

That is an excellent build. What are the dimensions?

49-1/2" wide
36" tall
11" deep
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
Very well thought out and nicely done. An inspiration.
Thank you for your feedback, folks.

I must say that one of the best features of my cabinet as it sits today was the addition of the simple walnut shelf that sits above the drawers. It's not attached, so I can pull it out and rework it, if I want to. The three tiers of open surface have been more useful than the 8 small cubbies I had before. The open surface doesn't pose a dust problem as long as I close the doors.
Tongue
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I like it, sapwood and all!!!
very nice
pat
That looks very nice.

I would have to say that you need to build one twice as big and send me that one.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Pedder said:

magnificent! It's clean and not overstuffed and there is a place for every tool a woodworker needs. And there is one tool I'm really envious about. Theanks for sharing.

What tool is that?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Pedder: Have some fun and make us guess what tool you are envious of!! I wouldn't have a clue, but I'm sure envious of your saws!!
What did you do? Looks like you dropped several of your chisels and put a bend in them.

Very well thought out and not any wasted space. Outstanding !!!!!

Now, how do you get to those smaller planes on the top middle?
WoodTinker
Pedder said:

magnificent! It's clean and not overstuffed and there is a place for every tool a woodworker needs. And there is one tool I'm really envious about. Theanks for sharing.

I'm guessing the Nordic saw; Lief inspired many of today's saw-makers. His saws have a bold and beautiful form.
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.