Sketchup on a Mac
I'm trying to learn to use Sketchup and have several resources. But they all concentrate on using a Windows computer; makes sense, I guess. But here's my problem: a lot of Sketchup stuff depends on having a 2 button mouse, which I don't have. I suppose I could break down and get one to use but would prefer to not do that (not a cost thing, just a preference). Is there any guides available that are specific to a Mac? Any other tips from someone who has already went through this? (Don't bother recommending getting a Windows computer, or running Windows on my Mac....ain't gonna happen).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Is it the right clicking that is causing problems? If so, hitting Control and clicking the mouse button should let you right click using a one button Mac mouse.
Thank you, I'll give that a try. It is the right click that has me befuddled.

Edit: that did the trick, thanks!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You can put a 2-button (or 3 with wheel) mouse on a Mac. That's what I'm typing this on.
Fred, I would suggest that you invest in an inexpensive conventional two (three)-button mouse. That is left and right buttons as well as a center button under the mouse wheel.

It'll make navigating around SketchUp much easier, too.
Thanks all. Dave, your DVD is one of the resources I have, thanks for that. I really don't want to go to a 3 button mouse...Sketchup would be the only program I use it with. The book "Sketchup for Dummies" also suggested I just convert.
We should talk, Fred.

By the way, although I generally do SketchUp tutorials on the PC, I also have SketchUp on my MacBook Pro and can help you out with setting it up and such.
Fred, I have been a Mac user since day one (1985) and have used a two-button mouse with scroll wheel since they first became available. You miss so much in every program by not using one. I would even say you need one, especially in Sketchup.
+1 on getting a multi button mouse with scroll wheel for the Mac. I only use it with sketchup, and it really enhances the speed of manipulating objects. Once you try it, there is no way you can live without it in sketchup. Highly recommended. I also learned sketchup using Sketchup 8 for Dummies.
Any mouse that has come with a Mac sold in the last decade or so is a 2 or 3 button mouse, you just need to enable that function in System Preferences under the Mouse category.

You can also enable a middle click which is useful for orbiting in Sketchup without changing tools as well as other things like opening a link in a new tab when using a web browser. If you have the Magic Mouse you can download the free utility BetterTouchTool to do that. With the older style mouse I believe you can turn the scroll wheel into a button in System Preferences.