hat
Anyone have a video or link to one showing how to turn a cowboy hat? Couldn't find what I wanted on Google or at least one that I could send in an email.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have never seen a wooden cowboy hat.
Got any pics of one?
No I don't Herb, but if you google turned wooden cowboy hats there are several on there. My problem is I need to be able to send it by email, but couldn't. HTH A guy in Australia does them.

Mel
Here ya go

hat turning videos

Watched our club pres. turn one last year. From rough blank to cowboy hat in just under two hours. Amazing!! Of course, after turning the hat goes on a special drying setup to bend the rim and such.
Steve K

One of Tim Yoder's shows had a guest that turned one as well. Down slightly on the left side of the page.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
This guy is one of the best there is: http://chriswramsey.com
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Thanks guys, appreciate the links.

Mel
Mel

I have the DVD of Johannes Michilson if you wish to borrow it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks Arlin, appreciate the offer.

Mel
Arlin Eastman said:

Mel

I have the DVD of Johannes Michilson if you wish to borrow it.

Arlin

Johannes is the king!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning