More Radial Arm Saw Fun
It's a Delta radial arm saw or is it and now you see it, now you don't!

Radial Arm Saw
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Well, for $50, do you own them yet?

I bought a planer/jointer once. Turned out to be a 20" planer and an 8" jointer.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I'd be on my way over.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Mr_Mike said:

Well, for $50, do you own them yet?

I bought a planer/jointer once. Turned out to be a 20" planer and an 8" jointer.

Sometimes one must pass up even the too good to be true deals...
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Monkey Wards saw
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
gMike said:

Monkey Wards saw

Yeah, and it has a universal, or AC brush-type, motor. A hand-held circular saw on a carriage.

Some of those Wards saws had a high-speed motor output shaft you could use for a collet and router bits, and a second shaft running at blade speed. That high speed shaft would be useful as an overhead router.

I don't know what that one has, but the TPC-2608 saws definitely had universal motors. If you look close enough, you can sorta see that the blade center is below the motor center.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Even for 50, that does not seem like a great deal.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
gMike said:

Monkey Wards saw

Wouldn't be on my quest list..

Axehandle said:

Concur. Just my opinion, but just because its an old tool, does not make it a good one. These and the similar sears designs of the late 60s and up suffered from what folks call "value engineering", or how cheap can we make it and people will still buy them.

If you want something pretty cheap but well made, most of the dewalt MBC/MBF saws can be had for a c-note or less and are heads and shoulders better saws in design and manufacture than these saws. Their only downside is that they are underpowered. You could also go with one of the larger dewallys or delta saws from the same era, generally I would recommend any saw with a cast iron arm. They were expensive to make but they hold up over time.
Axehandle said:

Agree!!