CA glue
What is the shelf life for ca glue. Opened and unopened.

Thanks
From my experience and a couple of web-sites...depends on type of CA, ambient air temperature, humidity, frequency of container opening, proper reseal of container etc.

Seems like 6-12 months is most reasonable expected time frame.

Couple of sites that might give you better information

Super Glue Applications
Perma Bond Storage LIfe
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
In my experience, the same.
CA glue is anaerobic...meaning that it cures without air. Once the air is cut off...Bam. Most containers you will notice are hazy, the glue is too thick to get out but air can get in. A lot of turners, myself included, never put the cap back on. Still the same answer, 6-12 months. If you keep it in the freezer it will keep longer.
I just opened up a 2oz bottle of Starbond that I have not used in 4 years and unopened and it is just the same as one I just finished.

I really think it depends on the Manufacturer and also know a lot of guys on the AAW buy it. You can not buy it on their website but can call them or mail them your order. The 16oz is only $30 and when you compare the others 2oz at $3 to $5 it makes it quite a bargain.

This is their website

http://www.starbond.com/

I used the stuff from Craftsupply, Woodcraft, Rockler, Packard, and locally and none of them compare to the quality of Starbond and they have several different colors of CA glue also.

Just my .02

Arlin

PS I forgot that they send four 2oz bottles and 25 thin stems that you can put on the bottles to allow 1 drop at a time in very specific spots.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
NCPaladin said:

In my experience, the same.
CA glue is anaerobic...meaning that it cures without air. Once the air is cut off...Bam. Most containers you will notice are hazy, the glue is too thick to get out but air can get in. A lot of turners, myself included, never put the cap back on. Still the same answer, 6-12 months. If you keep it in the freezer it will keep longer.

Moisture cures it, so it's said, accelerated by alkali. When you open the bottle, and squeeze out, moisture can ride the air on the refill expansion. Slow, but inexorable hardening begins.

http://www.powerbonduk.com/how-it-works.html

Almost all chemical reactions are slower in the cool - less molecular action - so keeping in the fridge might help. I don't, because it lasts a few months sitting at hand near the lathe. Right next to it, within reach, is my emergency bottle of debonder. Years old, but worked six months ago when tested.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.