Experienced Woodworkers Needed ( Milwaukee Area )
Rob Young said:

[blockquote]Steve K said:

I'm a member of the Huntertown woodworking club in Huntertown IN, dues are going up this year to 50 bucks a year"(yes, year)", since I've been a member the dues have been $35.00 year. Shop is open every day except Sunday and there is always a host or two on site, who also prepare a lunch every day. Not sure what the square footage is but the shop is very well equipped.
There are actually 3 clubs in the facility, Huntertwon woodworkers, Three Rivers woodworking club and the Northeast Indiana Turners and chiselers of which I am also a member, dues increased to 20 bucks a year, up from 15 last year.
Aside from the woodworking side there is a dedicated demonstration room with a Oneway lathe, not sure the model but it has a 24" swing.
At least once a year the club hosts a "celebrity" turner. Last years guest was Binh Pho, an amazing artist who also tells an amazing story.
The club also has it's own kiln and members get a great price break on most domestic hardwoods, if they help with milling and stacking. Last Tuesday and Wednesday we milled approx. 35 logs and put them in the kiln. Very blessed to have such a facility within driving distance.

Huntertown Woodworkers

Sounds like another great facility and club! Congratulations!

Web link is a dead end though. We would like to see more!

[/blockquote]

Here are a few pics, but, they are actually found on the Three Rivers Woodworking Club facebook page and are from 2009. The club and the facilities have come a long way in the last few years. Much of the equipment has been upgraded and replaced. For instance, the club just purchased four Jet 1221 VS lathes to replace the ones in the pictures. Still, you get some idea about the shop itself.

early club pictures
Steve K