Is this the Festool of Lathes?
When I was working as a photographer we used to refer to some cameras (mostly Leicas) as "doctors'" cameras (or "dentists' cameras").

Not only would I call this a "doctors' lathe" the plaque says it was made for an MD.

It does look nice though. And at 750 pounds it sounds like a robust beast.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks Arlin.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

there was a shop near where I lived in Utah that had some kind of ornamental lathe. They did really interesting work. Nowadays, I suspect most of that kind of thing is done on a CNC, but that wouldn't be cheap for a commercial quality tool either
An ornamental lathe like that one is a highly specialized machine built for only one purpose. Turning complicated ornaments.
Judging by the facts that ornamental lathes never were produced in any great numbers and that they were hugely expensive as new I find that prize a bit high but not ridiculously high.

You don't get a perfactly kept Rolls Royce for the prize af a rusted out Ford with a broken piston rod.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
If the lathe costs that much, I'd hate to think what products made on that lathe sell for.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
"I'd hate to think what products made on that lathe sell for. "

If you have to think about it you can't afford them.