Grex nail gun repair
I have had two of the P650 headless pinners for about 5 years and one of them needs a new driver..the driver has become brittle and cracked at the tip. So Grex says i need the driver kit and the o ring kit...$55 worth of parts. Gun has not even fired 20000 pins yet. Pretty dissapointed i thought these would last longer then that. I have a Porter Cable pinner that has fired about 5 times the amout of pins that the Grex has fired and the PC is only a $100 gun.

Would you guys rebuilt the Grex or trash it and just buy a brand new $100 gun?

if you do not want to fix it I will take it

<<<<I would fix it

And I would not complain these units take a lot of abuse to drive a pinless head
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Like you I'm not impressed. I have run many of the boxes of 6k pins through my ridgid pinned and it's still like new. Even ran several boxes through my harborfreight one before I gave it away and never a problem.

I use pins for jigs and all sorts of temporary holding of stuff. And when I do I use a bunch...
I bought my Grex because (at least at the time) it could shoot longer pins than my PC. I wonder if shooting longer pins, needing more 'umph' puts more wear and tear on the parts.
See ya later,
Bill
Actually this gun has mainly only shot 5/8" pins for building cabinet doors. It is weird the cheap PC gun outlasted this $270 gun by a LOT of shots.

The guy at Grex was saying i need the o ring kit and that is what might have caused the tip to go bad