Thinking of blacksmithing?
http://madison.craigslist.org/tls/5269458291.html

Man I wish my son wasn't going away to college next year.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Was the price changed from $275-$325? Still a good deal on a small forge and anvil. While Vulcans aren't considered top of the line, that one looks like it has good edges. The real plus is that anvils like this don't ring, so you won't lose your hearing or anger the neighbors.
If I lived nearby, I'd be on that like flies on a spawned out salmon!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Jonathan S said:

Jonathan

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

[blockquote]Jonathan S said:

Jonathan

[/blockquote]
+1
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Maybe my eyes deceive me, but it looks like there might be a crack on the horn, starting just forward of the flat part, angling down about 45 deg. It might just be dirt or paint or something, but it's right where a crack might happen. I wonder if it's been repaired?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
These anvils are cast iron with a steel face. That could be the line where the two materials meet. The castings on Vulcan anvils seem to have a lot more defects than Fisher anvils. Fishers are made the same way. It could definitely be a crack though.
Torture!!!
Hm, I am headed up into that town this evening for other reasons. But I already have a portable forge and an anvil:-)