I need help on finding the made date
Of a older DeWalt RAS.

It was given to me by a TablesawTom here around the 24 of September and I am wanting to restore it and want to know more about it.

Here is the info on the plate

1. Model # MBF
2. Rel. # 221
3. Serial # 210408

Everything was all on it and complete but gummed up and rust on places on the top and more on the bottom and bear steel.
I have taken pictures of it before I started tearing it down just a few days ago and will take a month to take it all apart and then paint it.

I will make a new post when I get more involved. I am not part of the old Iron site nor want to be since this site has more then enough to keep me occupied.

Thanks for the help

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin, this might help. Link Are you sure about the Serial Number?

John
Got it. This link shows it was made in 1956.

John
Thank you John and yes that was the right ser#. The thing is in almost perfect condition but for the little rust and over greased.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

The MBF is a fine saw, Arlin. It's likely the motor bearings need to be replaced since they probably never have been. I used Wolfe Machinery to change them on mine the first time. I did it myself the second time, but it's not a simple task. You may also need some new bearings for the carriage. In any case, once you get it dialed in I think you'll find it a real joy to use.

John
If you do change the bearings yourself, be very careful about not touching any of the wiring or leads, as 59 year old motor insulation is almost certainly brittle. It is probably fine if left alone, much like knob & tube wiring, but if you start flexing leads and cracking off the insulation, you could make a real problem for yourself. If you don't think you want to get into it, let Wolfe do it; they know all the tricks, and where the bear traps are hidden.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I think you got your answer, but if you look at the serial number on the motor, the first 4 digits tell you when the motor was made, which should be close to the age of the saw. The first 2 digits are the years, the second 2 are the month.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred

Then how does it work with the info I gave?

Arlin Eastman said:

Fred

Then how does it work with the info I gave?

There are two different badges on the saw with info. ...one on the column and one on the motor... The motor badge has the manufacturer date as Fred pointed out. The first two serial numbers on that badge/plate (located on top of the relay box) are the year the motor was manufactured. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
What Lumber yard said, you have to look at the motor tag for the motor serial number.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.