DIY Spray Foam Kits
Does anyone have experience with a spray foam DIY kit? I have just about 600bf to do. Estimates are in the $1,500 range. Even if I need an additional 200bf kit to finish the space off, the kit totals are in the $800 range.

It doesn't look too complicated other than getting the thickness right before expansion.
I have never done it myself but when I had my house done I was working with the people that did it. The thickness thing is a trial and error thing from what I saw but not long to figure out. The 32" Sawzall blades are something you might have to search for and the hazmat suit to protect you from breathing any of it in seemed to be the biggest concern for the installers. I am not sure why as the spray was far from their face but obviously they must have had a reason to believe it was a danger. You don't mention what type you are looking at closed or open cell and they are very different products but both will get rid of drafts
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Breathing semi-cured two part foam is probably a huge issue. If it sticks to the wall, it will stick to your lungs. Probably some VOCs too. I'd definitely wear a very good mask. The rest of the bunny suit just keeps you clean.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
You can do it the cheap way - buy 2" thick sheets, cut to fit, glue and seal with foam in a can. I had drafts coming through the floor from a cantilevered second floor. I got an estimate and it was too much so while looking for DIY options I found that suggestion. It worked great and was a fraction of the cost of the estimate I received.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
Mr_Mike said:

Breathing semi-cured two part foam is probably a huge issue. If it sticks to the wall, it will stick to your lungs. Probably some VOCs too. I'd definitely wear a very good mask. The rest of the bunny suit just keeps you clean.

Plus One! Be aware that the two components that form the foam are very hazardous and you don't want to be exposed to any un-mixed chemicals-----cartridges for your respirator should be ones recommended by the mfg./on the MSDS.
Dave
I thought about that for my house, under my floors....but no way to get the sheets under the house.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

the sheet material I have seen is fairly easy to be into a home by rodents the foam not nearly as much
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

when I had a insulation guy come out for an estimate to spray the underside of our house he said the closed cell foam was almost impossibly to remove once hardened, while the open cell wasn't too bad.

rodents could still make homes in the open cell but not in the closed cell.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

In my application it was a cantilevered second floor. We had drafts coming up through the carpet when the wind would blow hard. I removed the aluminum siding from the soffits, installed 2" foam boards and used canned foam to seal them in place, then replaced the aluminum on the soffits. Under that aluminum rodents aren't a problem. If yours is an exposed joist area then it might not be a good solution.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
yeah mine are exposed but its impossible to get foam boards under the house anyway, so it doesn't matter.

At some point I'll have to crawl under the house and fix things....but I absolutely detest crawling under the house.

Mark