Question for Incra TS fence owners
1. Do you find the fence sticks when moving back and forth while the lock is not engaged? Also do you have to loosen both fence glides as you get really close to the base (ie making larger cross cuts). If you never had such a problem are there any hints to what I'm doing wrong. If you had the problem but fixed it, care to share how?

2. Is it possible to mount a second fence to double as a router fence? I know the typical setup is to have the TS fence and router table on opposite side of each other so you can just advance the TS to the router table and use that as the router fence. But I can't do that. My setup is such that the router table and TS fence are both to the right of the blade. So I was thinking of mounting a 2nd fence on the TS fence to double as a router fence.

Right now I have to take the whole assembly off the rails and flip it over.
1. I too had the problem. The fix is to go through the setup process again. I was a little sloppy in the alignment. It is very touchy to align correctly but once done I find it works well.

2. Yes you can. I would think taking it off while using it as a TS a bit busy. I am thinking about putting a router on the right side instead of the left. I haven't done it yet. I have 2 TS connected and have an extension between them so I have a prefect place to do it. I used one TS as a rip only - the motor died so I quit doing that but it worked well.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
+ 1 on the slide issue. IIRC turned out I had the fence mounted upside down on the slide. That had driven me nuts for months.

I mounted the rails to the far right of my router table and use the fence as is for simple stuff or mount a Wonder Fence when necessary. I work from the front side which many would find uncomfortable. If I'm doing a lot of work I'll flip the fence and router lift around but that's rare. Here's a couple pics, can do more detailed shots if you need them.

g

I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Well who would have known throughly reading the instructions was a good idea.

Not only did I have fence upside down but I also had the front and back mixed up.

Got it all turned around and now it moves MUCH better. Still getting used to holding the fence from the middle while moving it instead of the front like a Bies.
jussi said:

Well who would have known throughly reading the instructions was a good idea.

Not only did I have fence upside down but I also had the front and back mixed up.

Got it all turned around and now it moves MUCH better. Still getting used to holding the fence from the middle while moving it instead of the front like a Bies.

Too funny!! RTFM is just so 90's.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
That was a habit I had to break also. I love the fence. I bought an Osbourne miter gauge and now have a good working TS. My TS is an old Craftsman but with a sharp blade, Incra Fence, and Osborne miter gauge I have a really good working system. Just need a little more power at times.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Well, that's my laugh for the day, you'll love your fence now that it's set up right.
Can I add some questions to this thread?

1) I've noticed that as I'm pushing a piece of wood through a cut, a gap opens up (maybe 1/16 to 1/8") on the far end between the wood and the fence. I've confirmed a bunch of times that the fence is parallel with the blade. I admit that I don't lock down the fence guide locks -- but I never have, and the problem just started recently. The cuts are still accurate -- taking a 1.5" rip on a long piece of ply gets a cut that it 1.5" along the entire length. I'm not sure if this is a problem, but the gap makes me nervous.

2) I've noticed that in Incra's videos the positioner lock flips up real easy. Mine (both my ts-ls and router fence) takes a bit of effort (not much). And sometimes when I flip up the lock it seems that the lock theads butt up against the screw thread and the fence has to move a bit for the threads to lock. Does this happen to anyone else?

Is the wood still flat on it's edge after cutting? If not, it could be the stock just cupped after it gets past the blade.
David Stone said:

2) I've noticed that in Incra's videos the positioner lock flips up real easy. Mine (both my ts-ls and router fence) takes a bit of effort (not much). And sometimes when I flip up the lock it seems that the lock theads butt up against the screw thread and the fence has to move a bit for the threads to lock. Does this happen to anyone else?

The indexing screw has 32 threads/inch so the fence moves in 1/32" increments. If the fence is between these threads, the lever will not mesh unless the fence is moved enough to line up the treads. Of course, adjustments finer than 1/32 are accomplished with the fine adjustment mechanism. So. yes, this happens occasionally to me. Ken