Sturdy picnic table plans
I am in need of some ideas for picnic tables for public use.

Has been around forever, using the 2x6 for seat width and table allow for a better "adult size" going with 2x4 can make for a "kids size" Trying to go smaller for very small children isn't safe. Thing about these is they still require XYZ in material and labor cost, and depending on where you source them some of these plastic/metal tube frame tables are less than total cost of the wooden, which require someone to do the work, and the maintenance.

Maintenance can cost more than the table itself
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Looks pretty much like the last one I built back in the late '90's. I bought a plan with templates because I didn't want to mess with figuring out the angles and dimensions. Had it done in one day, less staining. Probably still have those plans, but have no idea where they are.
Bob
I supply picnic tables for a couple campgrounds . I also sell 10 out of my yard each year. My son and I can construct 6 of them in a long day. Most of what I build are the 6' variety . We build the ones with 2*6 seat stretchers . 2*4 table stretchers . Top,seat ,and legs are 2*6.
I usually buy pressure treated from the borg . I am looking for a cheaper source.
Materials are costly . I buy my bolts from this place in bulk.
Cheaper than Lowe's
I only use one bolt per cross member . I drive two 3" galv. screws from the backside as well.
I set a sheet of ply across two short sawhorses . Reference my table supports . Then I screw down one by ones in order to support them . Set your table boards on them. Screw them down.
Flip over the top. Assemble every thing else . Set upright to ground and put seats on . Then attach one center support for seats . I use a chamfered 2*4.
I bill about 70 in materials and 70 in labor per table. YMMV I enjoy it.

lots of plans

I build them like this basically

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

One thing I see on your tables I really like are the mitered corners on the seats. Makes my shins smile!
Those look nice! A few questions for you:
- How do they hold up? The ones I'm planning will only be used a couple times a year but I do want them to to be tough enough to withstand heavy use during those times.
- I was thinking using PT lumber and staining them.
- Advantage of 6' over 8'?
-do yours stack well? They will be stored most of the time.

Thank you!
Thank you.
They hold up as well as PT from a Borg will . If I were to build one for myself I would probably try to source a better wood.

"I was thinking using PT lumber and staining them."
I would let them dry . Then spray them with something like CWF once a year with a garden sprayer. If the CWF ever degrades , and does not look good . It is easily power washed off with TSP and bleach.

"Advantage of 6' over 8'? "

Most people prefer 6' . It will easily sit 6 people . 8 or 10 in a pinch.....Weight , less twisting.

"do yours stack well? "
I don't know . two high ,Table to table , probably.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Part of an Eagle project...boys banged out 4 massive octagon tables in a weekend. All cedar 2x4 and 2x6 construction, I believe they're 9 ft diameter. In use at a high school concession stand. 3 years and still holidng up well. Plans came off the web someplace. Helps when you've got 6 or 7 older scouts in a production line, cutting, sanding, drilling and assembling...and an old guy for QC.

Cool. This design will work nicely.