lathe restoration
Anybody looking for a old arn lathe restoration? Picking up a Yates American J-170 this coming week. Starting to get cold here and I'm not sure if I'm wanting to take on a project in my unheated garage. If you have an interest, shoot me a pm. I will reply with my phone #. Here is a pic of the same model, not the same lathe.

That looks like a wonderful lathe. To bad the other one you have that I am not closer. We could sure use another lathe.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Post it in the turning section.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Those lathes have super high style points. I'd love to see your restoration go forward.

Doug
In case anyone was looking for inspiration.

http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158529
I too wouldn't mind getting a hold of a lathe like that. Those are not often seen down around these parts.

Bob
Just posted in SNS