Flexilla air hose clearance...Tractor Supply YMMV
Was at the local Tractor Supply yesterday and found two Flexilla 35'x3/8" air hoses on clearance for $11. I bought both of them.

Dunno if just my local store is clearancing them out or all stores. Still regular price on their website.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I'll have to stop in and look tomorrow when I go past. Thanks.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If they are plastic hoses, most likely you didn't get a good deal. They'll be like concertina barbed wire when the temp dips below 70 degrees or so. You could very easily wind up with your nose in the dirt, not fun.
Mike

Have you seen a Flexilla hose?????? It's so flexible I even replaced the air hose on my HVLP (this is a garden hose) with Flexilla (garden hose). There's a reason they named it "Flexilla".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
MikeinKCMO said:

If they are plastic hoses, most likely you didn't get a good deal. They'll be like concertina barbed wire when the temp dips below 70 degrees or so. You could very easily wind up with your nose in the dirt, not fun.

I use a 50' Flexzilla on my compressor. Same flexibility in an 85 degree garage as in the middle of winter when the garage is 35 degrees.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I'm guessing you've never used a Flexilla air hose before....

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Not to hijack your thread, but I bought chainsaw bar and chain lube recently at TS for $4 or $5 off/gallon a couple of weeks ago. Great deal so I bought 5 gallons - already used 3.

John
I will have to go have a look that is a great deal and I can use some new 3/8" hose
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

jteneyck said:

Not to hijack your thread, but I bought chainsaw bar and chain lube recently at TS for $4 or $5 off/gallon a couple of weeks ago. Great deal so I bought 5 gallons - already used 3.

John

Man, it takes a lot of cutting to use 3 gallons. How do you have time to do anything else?
fredhargis said:

[blockquote]jteneyck said:

John

Man, it takes a lot of cutting to use 3 gallons. How do you have time to do anything else?

[/blockquote]

Yeah, that took about 3-1/2 days of log milling - and I didn't do much else those days - I was too tired. I'll use nearly a gallon of chain lube on a big log. A gallon of fuel, too. Sounds unbelievable doesn't it? But when you think that the 85 cc saw is running at wide open throttle for about an hour to cut that log into lumber it starts to make sense. Especially since I'm putting oil in the saw's oiler as well as a supplemental oiler that feeds the end of the 42" bar. In the end, oil is cheap considering the value of lumber I'm getting. I just milled three white oak logs and got somewhere around 500 BF of rift and QS lumber out of it. After it's dry, even accounting for drying losses, that's probably worth $2K at retail. Here's a pic of one of the QS boards right at the center of the log:

and some of the those a little off center:

Gotta come up with some nice A&C projects in a couple of years.

John