Seeking Rough QSWO or Walnut in Syracuse NY Area... Where to go?
I'll be traveling through Syracuse NY this week and am at a loss of where to go and get some lumber. I have a ton of cherry as I'm from PA but am searching for some 5/4 - 8/4 QSWO or some nice black walnut. I saw a few ads on CL but nothing that jumped out at me for the QSWO (first priority). I am comfortable with going to someone's barn or a retail joint that has competitive prices. I did a quick search and found a place called Lake Shore Hardwoods which is about 30 min from where I'll be which is quite nice. I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them or has any honeyholes that they would like to share. Any info is welcome!
Lakeshore hardwoods is worth the trip - even if you don't buy anything. Very nice place and some good choices. I would say their pricing is competitive for a retail environment. If you will be within 30 minutes of it then at least go and see what you think.
Rick

Let us know what you find. I know of several folks here that have wood stored in barns that want to keep it forever. I have looked at 2-3 lots that could have been good except PP beetles finally got into it. They are keeping it for their retirement nest egg....
(10-18-2015, 07:44 PM)PittTrack Wrote: I'll be traveling through Syracuse NY this week and am at a loss of where to go and get some lumber.  I have a ton of cherry as I'm from PA but am searching for some 5/4 - 8/4 QSWO or some nice black walnut.  I saw a few ads on CL but nothing that jumped out at me for the QSWO (first priority).  I am comfortable with going to someone's barn or a retail joint that has competitive prices.  I did a quick search and found a place called Lake Shore Hardwoods which is about 30 min from where I'll be which is quite nice.  I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them or has any honeyholes that they would like to share.  Any info is welcome!

Through syracuse from where? As mentioned there is Lakeshore Hardwoods (up in Pulaski north of Syracuse) but if you're coming from the West, there is also Lakeshore Hardwoods in Victor NY, as well as Pittsford Lumber in Pittsford (both Rochester suburbs)
(03-23-2018, 07:36 AM)mound Wrote: Through syracuse from where? As mentioned there is Lakeshore Hardwoods (up in Pulaski north of Syracuse) but if you're coming from the West, there is also Lakeshore Hardwoods in Victor NY, as well as Pittsford Lumber in Pittsford (both Rochester suburbs)

This is an old thread. 

It looks like the poster before you was playing funny, and it likely needs to be deleted by the mods.   I wouldn't click on any of those links.   

John