Planner blades
changing the blades on a Delta TP300 planner. Noticed
the springs are missing that hold the blade. No longer
able to order from Delta. Any suggestions on another
brand that would work. Sent email to Delta but no
response yet. In watching the video on changing they
look like from a ball point pen just shorter. Any ideas
from anyone? Thanks, Sandra
can shorten ball point springs in a second with a snips. I'm not sure that's the size you need, but they may work. I have an 8" delta jointer that had springs under the knives, I took them out as I think its easier to set them without the springs.
My local ACE hardware has an amazing assortment of springs. If you can get one of the springs out of the planer you should be able to match it up by size, turns/inch, wire diameter, and a comparative compression test between your fingers. Another option is McMaster Carr but you would need to have a good idea of the compression value.

John
I doubt you get much of a response from
Delta

After watching the video you need springs that are a slip fit into the bolts that lock the pressure bar and a bit shorter than the bolt length

Personally I think I would just skip the springs it appears the only reason for them is to lift the pressure bar up when changing the knives.

JMO

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

FWIW...You might try contacting RenovoParts for alternative part.

RenovoParts
(Discountinued at Delta. Contact Renovo for possible re-supply availability at tech@renovoparts.com - E47c-2DD9)

Not knowing your location, you can also reach out to your local Delta Parts/Repair Center. They might be able to locate at one of their distribution centers as NOS.

I was able to get replacement switches for a Contractor Series B&D Scrugun that B&D told me was NLA. Indy area Dewalt/B&D Service Center located 8 switches in CA, gave me all the contact info, I ordered 2 and had in two days.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
JGrout said:

I doubt you get much of a response from
Delta

After watching the video you need springs that are a slip fit into the bolts that lock the pressure bar and a bit shorter than the bolt length

Personally I think I would just skip the springs it appears the only reason for them is to lift the pressure bar up when changing the knives.

JMO

Joe

yup.
and they have some pretty good tension on them.

found a replacement for mine at local ace hardware.
The springs are missing so I ask Delta for the
size but they didn't know. However, the spring
from a pen works perfect, just have to cut the
length. More information on this site than the
Manufacturers, thanks
A fellow club member came over and helped
replace the blades. Used spring from pen and
it worked great. Had to try a few pens to get
the right size spring but had a handful around
so I didn't have to go to store. I'm sure I would
have found them at a craft store. Just surprised
Delta had so little to offer.
The new Delta ain't the old Delta, sadly. Glad you got it all resolved.

John