suggestions on how to join sides of Euro style cabinets together
suggestions on how to join sides of Euro style cabinets together

I need to install a wall length of Euro style bookshelf cabinets into a builtin...and want some suggestions on how best to join the sides of the cabinet units together

screws with finished washers?

1 1/4" trims screws filled with wood plugs?

Any other ideas that I didn't think of?

Any really cool way to do this that avoids drilling into the finished surface of the hardwood plywood?
Well the screws at the rear of the cabinet are going to be unseen. I would paint the heads of the screws to match the color of the cabinet.

The easiest way to paint screw heads is to take a piece of corrugated cardboard and poke all the screws through the corrugated so that the heads alone show through. Then spray the face of the cardboard. You need to keep the screws about 1" apart so you can hit all the edges of the screws.

A color matched screw is probably going to be your most efficient way to join these and will go largely unnoticed.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks Cooler

Understood everything, you said except. "You need to keep the screws about 1" apart so you can hit all the edges of the screws."

what do you mean by 1" apart, that sounds like placing them very closely together? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

What do you mean by edges of the screws, wouldn't I just be painting the face of the screw?
Yes, you want to pack the screws densely. If you had a 15" square of cardboard you could easily put in 12 rows of 12 screw on that piece; each screw 1" on center to the next.

If they are flat head screws, ignore that part. But if they have an oval head you want to get some spray on the edges of the screws. If you place them too close together you won't be able to spray the edges. Also the corrugated tends to fall apart if you pack the screws too tightly. This is an amazingly efficient way to color the heads of screws and nails. I never bother to prime as there is no likelihood that the screws will be subject to abrasion or hostile environments (like snow or rain).

With machine screws it is easier to start all the holes with an awl. With wood screws I just press them into the cardboard.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
thanks for the clarification
I use Spax or GRK self drilling and counter sinking screws, then cover them with these. They make wood colored ones, too. It's nearly invisible even without using the flush mount bit.

John
The most common way if I understand the question: Sex bolts with white plastic heads through the system holes. Or sex bolts with bright heads through the system holes.
The system holes can be drilled through on site with a 5mm bit.
Never Give Up

I need to find a new hardware source. I'd like to try some of those sex bolts
One Ozark American
+1

http://www.cshardware.com/16-1230-01.html
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
ruffcutt said:

+1

http://www.cshardware.com/16-1230-01.html

YES!!