Wood stove and kids
I used the Northyards metal "superyard" with a gate.

It's now pulling secondary duty to keep the dogs penned.
The construction is excellent.

You get what you pay for.

Serious burns are permanent.
What's preventing one worth?
daveferg said:

I think, as was said, a kid will quickly learn not to touch it. I think the bigger hazard is running around and falling into it by accident. A barrier of some kind is a good idea, but you'll have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of types of material.

Yes falling into them is the bigger issue. They are so hot the kid often stays away. But falling into them, especially the glass is a big concern.
Yeah, as mentioned the stove is in a very problematic place. Not by our design. I know a kid will learn but I don't want her to learn by planting her face on a corner of an extremely hot stove.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Scott W said:

Yeah, as mentioned the stove is in a very problematic place. Not by our design. I know a kid will learn but I don't want her to learn by planting her face on a corner of an extremely hot stove.

Get the right gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGi2eRaQjF8
So ... how is the stove placed? Open on three sides, or something like that?
If like that, then make a heavy, L framed fence with the legs of the Ls extending towards the stove, so it doesn't push in. Put some weight on them, so they don't pull out.
Make it out of construction grade lumber, screwed together with DW screws, cut and profiled to look decent with nice rounded edges and paint it. No sense in spending a lot of time and money on it as you will won't need this for long.

As a survivor of 6 such toddlers I've learned a lot about how to improvise for different scenarios.
Ray
We were much older (6+) when we had a wood burning stove so there was less danger of injuring ourselves. What real bugged my parents was when we took crayons to it because it was cool to watch them melt on contact. Still not sure how Mom cleaned that off.
Mine is a fireplace insert on a stone hearth, but we have never done anything special. Kids are smart.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Had a small woodburner in our trailer when we were first married. My oldest daughter was 2 when we moved out, so it was an issue of concern for us. I took some #2 pine 1x3's and made a frame that sandwiched window screen material. It wasn't very elegant, but we never had any accidents.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

atgcpaul said:

We were much older (6+) when we had a wood burning stove so there was less danger of injuring ourselves. What real bugged my parents was when we took crayons to it because it was cool to watch them melt on contact. Still not sure how Mom cleaned that off.

Grandfather had a big pot bellied wood burning stove. Was always fun to spit on the top & watch it sizzle away.
All of us kids were told not to touch the pot-belly stove and wood-burning range at one grandparent's house, and not to step on the floor furnace grate at the other grandparent's house.

Have you checked google images for fence ideas?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wood+sto...ih=1018#imgrc=_