Re: A Massive Lot of Collectible Tools, Cincinnati OH
This was originally posted down in S&S on 9/29/2015, and the original posting can be seen at:

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...amp;sb=5&o=

A number of you asked that we who purchased tools from this auction post pictures, and I thought it best to start a new thread here in Handtools since nearly all the tools in the sale were hand tools.

Anyway, i received mine today and I'm quite pleased with my purchase. It appeared in the sale pictures that the two planes were the same since they gave such a similar appearance. Such is not the case.

Here's the first - a Stanley 45 with the knob on the main body. Nice condition. All parts received are shown - only one blade!

Here's the second - looks very similar from this side - knob on the main body also:

And in case you missed it:

It's in reasonably good condition also.

r2
Nice!! I hope I do as well if/when my stuff arrives.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I first thought it was a 45 with a 46 fence. I need to look at things a little better. i thought you had a 45 1/2.
Nice that 46 was a good spot most probably didn't see. I know I didn't. They apparently lost part of my order however I did get the really good stuff I thought I saw. First was 2 stanley 140's.

Not good at posting images and it's kind of a pain uploading to imgur. What am I doing wrong?

Next I could barely see the side of the mouth and discovered this

I'm just not sure if that disc where the knob goes is supposed to come off. The mouth doesn't move very smoothly.

And last and most exciting for me was my suspicion I saw a number 2 and ended up with this.

You need to have the URL of the image, not just the path to the imgur page.

Easy (but slow) way is to right-click on each of the images and "copy URL". Then paste that in when prompted by the Image link when writing your post.

First image :

brofessor said:

Nice that 46 was a good spot most probably didn't see. I know I didn't. They apparently lost part of my order however I did get the really good stuff I thought I saw. First was 2 stanley 140's.

Not good at posting images and it's kind of a pain uploading to imgur. What am I doing wrong?

I'm just not sure if that disc where the knob goes is supposed to come off. The mouth doesn't move very smoothly.

And last and most exciting for me was my suspicion I saw a number 2 and ended up with this.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
brofessor said:

Is that a #1?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Sorry a #2 I meant to put. But does the non concave depth nut make it a type 1? Or were there other types like how the number 1 is where it is solid too?
Well, at least you got yours.

I am still waiting for a tracking number.

I called today, and the lady said "she'd look into it".
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Thank you rob that worked.