Lee Valley fee shipping now through November 2 on order $40 and up
Let the fun begin!
War Eagle!
I have on of these magnifying lights and they are great, they were out of stock for a while and now they are back. Highly recommended.

LV Link
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
+1 I couldn't imagine working in my shop without that light!

Charlie
+ 2 - use it for most anything. Almost as useful as a pencil.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
+3. I have two of them.

I was just wondering when the next free shipping event was going to happen. Great timing because the items in my cart were getting impatient and starting to complain.

Steve
Wow, four in a row....l have to get one!

Cheers,

Rob
Rob Lee said:

Wow, four in a row....l have to get one!

Cheers,

Rob

One of your better non-Veritas products!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I sent a Wish list to my wife with 3 items as a Christmas Gift and a clear notation on the free shipping, since then I've picked up the catalog and found 3 more items I could use. Viscious cycle indeed
What the Heck, Give it a Try
I think if Rob listed the premium model of this design, LV would have a similar mob of upgrades. I was too young to appreciate them and well into the computer age of CAD when I needed one. Blind predecessors retired, and took the good ones in the interim.
Unfortunately the lamp has an additional $10 tacked onto it. I still might get one.

I'm currently looking at another sharpening system, and I know that these have started flame wars on forums before, but if you guys were getting something from Lee Valley for sharpening next to the bench, what would it be? I've got a set of Norton's right now and a Diaflat, but I don't love them. Maybe I should spend time working on a better setup / bridge at the sink.

Here's some of the systems in the running right now:
Diamond Lapping Film
Dan's Stones (pricey for full size)

Thoughts? Other ideas?