LED Task Light
Acknowledge Ronald Walters for this idea. Here is a link to his video on making these lights.

LED Lights

My version cost was $20.00 The power supply was purchased from a second hand store for 50 cents. The flex arm is a product called Loc-Line. The light and external switch box are mounted using rare earth magnets from old disk drives. The power switch and connections to the power supply are external because I made a couple iterations of this design and I only had to do the wiring once.

The bright white floodlight contains 24 individual LED's.

This is a major improvement over the battery powered LED light that I had been using.

Bill

PA190001 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA190007 by edn732, on Flickr" />

PA190005 by edn732, on Flickr" />
This is what I use. $10 very bright and has a good metal flex and the base can have a magnet glued to it.

www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/
Running the wire inside the loc-line is slick!
Benny

Robert Adams said:

This is what I use. $10 very bright and has a good metal flex and the base can have a magnet glued to it.

70 lumen does not do very much for me.

I use several of the Lee Valley Flashlight Holders around the shop. The one that lives on the BS usually has a 250lumen flashlight in it. The one on the grinder has a 500lumen flashlight.

I do use tailed lights for the lathe, though, but those are in 1700-2000 lumen neighborhood.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Couple of mag base lights from Peachtree.

iclark said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

70 lumen does not do very much for me.

I use several of the Lee Valley Flashlight Holders around the shop. The one that lives on the BS usually has a 250lumen flashlight in it. The one on the grinder has a 500lumen flashlight.

I do use tailed lights for the lathe, though, but those are in 1700-2000 lumen neighborhood.

[/blockquote]

Don't let the lumens fool you. The size and flex shaft let you put the light right where your need it. It's only for lighting up the cut line so it's only a few inches away usually.
AgGEM said:

Couple of mag base lights from Peachtree.

I have one of these lights, I like it because it has a REALLY long power cord! I can mount it on my TS over-arm gard and run the cord along the ceiling to a wall outlet. Handy...
Benny

Robert Adams said:

Ikea gets a lot of grief from woodworkers because of their midget sized furniture, but if you rent housing you can't beat their cabinets for bang for the buck, and that little lighting area with all the lights, pucks, and whatever they are spots there is some serious buck banging going on there.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Year there are some usable things there generally hardware stuff. Even bought steel bed supports for a different project cause the long pieces were cheaper than I could get the steel.

As for furniture uh no. It is all child sized. I don't have a problem with their euro boxes though the new line from Europe now costs more than having a shop make them. I hate building boxes...

Steve N said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

Ikea gets a lot of grief from woodworkers because of their midget sized furniture, but if you rent housing you can't beat their cabinets for bang for the buck, and that little lighting area with all the lights, pucks, and whatever they are spots there is some serious buck banging going on there.

[/blockquote]