Problem With A Bosch PS-31
My Bosch 12 volt PS-31, which I really like BTW, has been giving me fits lately. When using it with a driver bit, the bit will loosen up and fall out after driving only a few screws. I'm thinking its a bad chuck but before I order a new one I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and it turned out to be something else?
I have had that happen a few times when I did not fully tighten the chuck. Tightened the chuck on the bit each time and it worked fine after that.
hex drive bits in the chuck?

if so likely you are allowing the chuck to tighten in a way that the chuck is not landing on the flats and landing on the points instead.

it happens try snugging the driver inm back it off and spin the driver to see if it moves more than just a little, if not snug it back up and try it

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

You do know that you are supposed to put the direction lever in the middle position and lock the bit
If I forget I have had the bit get loose.
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
Since this just started, I'll assume that you know how to tight a bit in your driver. Before ordering a new chuck I would try cleaning the chuck with air pressure and some WD40. It could be a small piece of debris preventing one of the jaws from tightening all the way.
See ya later,
Bill
Does it do it with a drill bit at all like the chuck is designed to use?

Mine also does it with hex shaped shank. It does not do it with a drill bit in the chuck. You could use a hex shank adapter if you want to fix it and not just put it back in the chuck.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Trusty Rusty said:

You do know that you are supposed to put the direction lever in the middle position and lock the bit
If I forget I have had the bit get loose.
Rusty

Actually, I've never heard of doing that but it can't hurt can it? I've had many drill drivers over the years and have never done that once but I'll give it a try and see if it helps.