Looking for STRONG magnetic liner
While watching this Japanese woodworking video on YouTube
https://youtu.be/pdwVNLkrOPE
I decided to make some similar jig, plus I have some other ideas. The only problem is finding the right magnetic material. What I've seen so far is very weak.

Can somebody point me to a source of magnetic plastic liner that is strong enough? If it has PSA backing, even better. Color does not matter.

Thanks,

BG
All the magnetic sheet I've seen has been quite weak as well.

Lee Valley make a similar jig using rare earth magnets.

Hi BG

The downside of that jig is that it is limited to the use of templates and/or will only work with specific thicknesses.

If you want a jig that will cut any size/thickness tenon, you could just make the one I designed. Details are on my website ..

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeToo...Guide.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I am familiar with both LV and your designs. Wanted to make something like what you did, just using holding power of the full magnetic strip instead of several point magnets. I assume the plastic liner they use also acts as a low friction sliding surface.

To the point of that tool limitations - if you routinely use say 3/4 stock and cut 1/4 tenons it maby makes sense having dedicated jig. However this can be done using a template to set yours too.

BG
You could embed five 1/4"X1/2" Neodymium magnets in the wood fence material, then cut a piece of sheet steel to act as the face...the steel will then become magnetized completely {like one large magnet}, at which point you could face it with a plastic strip to protect the saw blade.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

What they used in the youtube vid did not need to have a very high magnetic strength.

The adhesive-backed magnetic sheets (Avery or otherwise) that they carry at Walmart, Amazon, Staples, Office Depot, or lots of other places are probably strong enough.

If they don't work for you, then try a sign maker who makes mag signs for cars and vans.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.