Anyone used these Yonico Lock Miter Bits?
Anyone out there used one of these Yonico lock miter bits ? Or any other Yonico router bits?

Thanks!
Gonna go out on a limb here but usually when nobody has heard of them, they are just last in line of a cheap ChiTaiwanese bit that has a usable life of about 20 lineal ft.

My rule if thumb is if I think I may use it a few times. I spend a few more $$$$$ the first time
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Yeah, I am looking at some of other brands, including Whiteside. However, just because it is new and no one has heard of it, doesn't necessarily mean it that it is junk. Thus I am asking around to see if anyone here has used them...

I just have a few shop drawers to use with some 1/2" baltic birch plywood stock that I have laying around, and am considering using a lock miter bit to get the job done. And if I can get the same job done at 25% of the cost of one of the big boys' bits, I'll look into it.
the negative reviews seem to focus on the tedious setup and finish of cut. Setup issue is probably 'normal' for a lock miter... finish no so much. Carbide looks skimpy in the pic. Not sure I'd try it on plywood... even BB.
For a few drawers I would just do this on the table saw.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
+1 what Cary says.

Other than the mitered corner for a corner that will be seen, I don't see an advantage to using this style bit at all.

I've made plenty drawers using with the locking tenon shown. Some are drawers my kids use on a daily basis and none of these joints have failed. Given the abuse they go through from my kids, trust me when I say that's all the testimony one needs for the strength of this locking tenon joint.
Ray
I am familiar with them and who makes them and my only comment is I have about 200 I need to throw away someday because the grind is not accurate and does not make a tight joint.
Brian in sunny FL said:

I am familiar with them and who makes them and my only comment is I have about 200 I need to throw away someday because the grind is not accurate and does not make a tight joint.

Brian,

Thanks for the feedback. That is just what I needed to know.