Multiple receptacles on a 220 v circuit
Wanted to run a new circuit in the garage from sub panel. I want a receptacle on either wall depending where or which tool is being used.

Do I just run parallel circuits and pigtail the receptacle like a 120 circuit?( obviously two hots and no neutral )

I won't be using more than one tool on the circuit at any time . It is for convenience of plugging in depending where my mobile tool happens to be at that time relative to the other junk in the garage
No need for parallel circuits, whatever they are.

Run one circuit, continue until done.
What Herb said. There's a perception out there that 240V is 'special'. Most appliances that run at that voltage do so because they require a lot more power than most, are fixed in place, and have to be able to run concurrent with any other load in the house, like clothes dryers, A/C units, ranges, etc., so they invariably are the only load on that branch circuit. Industrial motors are similar in that sense.

But adding another receptacle so you can plug your portable tool in at different locations is really no different than the 120V duplexes sprinkled all around your house, with no limit on how many are on a circuit, or the 120V 20A receptacles at your kitchen counters. You can easily plug a microwave, coffee maker, and counter top griddle in and blow the breaker - just ask my Sis in-law, as she does that about once a year (and calls me asking what could be wrong), even though I've admonished her to put the Keurig machine on the other side of the kitchen which is on another circuit.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
If you were closer I have a spyder box I could sell you, plug all your stuff into one place and go
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Herb G said:

Run one circuit, continue until done.

This what I did almost 7 years ago and there has been no problem. I even run my cyclone and jointer at the same time and they share the circuit. The only precaution I take is to let the cyclone cycle up before I start the jointer.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Herb G said:

If you don't know what a parallel circuit is, how do you know it's not necessary?
I think all circuits parallel. If they were in series you would need to turn on everything at the same time for it to work, i.e. Christmas lights

Twinn
Will post for food.
theeviltwinn said:

I think all circuits parallel. If they were in series you would need to turn on everything at the same time for it to work, i.e. Christmas lights

Twinn

Yeah, that's where I was going with that. All multi-receptacle circuits are parallel (or they don't work very well) I was sorta curious how Herb had determined that they didn't need to be in parallel if he doesn't know what that means.