One should not assume his miter gauge is square
Just because it was the last time he used it.

I am making a batch of flag cases- cut one end of each piece, started to cut them to length and I noticed my gauge was off. Luckily I caught it before I ruined any pieces.

A lot of squares are not square either.
Are you going to recut the not quite 90 ends?
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Richard D. said:

Are you going to recut the not quite 90 ends?

Already done

Herb G said:

A lot of squares are not square either.

Particularly traditional woodworking squares - the reason I use only good quality all steel engineering squares.
A 90 is really easy to check, and I do that right before using it. As they say "stuff happens"
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Goaliedad

This happened to me from time to time. Sometimes I would not notice as quickly as you did and spoil some good lumber. My solution was to get my miter gauge as exactly square as possible (five-cut procedure) and then lock it in place. After that I used a "pattern making jig" (Ian Kirby) or a spare miter gauge to cut angles. Usually the former.

Doug
I have a habit of checking my miter gauge and blades to be square each time I start a project. If I change a setting I make sure it's square again. It only takes a few seconds and really saves a lot of fixing things. I use plastic drafting triangles. Thy stay pretty much perfect.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
John Mihich said:

I have a habit of checking my miter gauge and blades to be square each time I start a project. If I change a setting I make sure it's square again. It only takes a few seconds and really saves a lot of fixing things. I use plastic drafting triangles. Thy stay pretty much perfect.

+1, only I use a machinist square by Starrett.
Doug_H said:

Goaliedad

This happened to me from time to time. Sometimes I would not notice as quickly as you did and spoil some good lumber. My solution was to get my miter gauge as exactly square as possible (five-cut procedure) and then lock it in place. After that I used a "pattern making jig" (Ian Kirby) or a spare miter gauge to cut angles. Usually the former.

Doug

I have a Dubby sled- I love it- and easy to reset to 90. I looked down and saw a slight gap between the fence and the stop.