This is for BloomingtonMike or others with a CNC tools
that could use this

http://makezine.com/projects/the-dial-a-speed/

I do not know all of this works but thought of you guys here.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks buddy for thinking of me. Those might work for little machines.

On teh CNC router I uses a 2.2 kw 3ph water cooled ER20 spindle and 2.2kw VFD. On teh 1050 CNC knee mill I have a VFD controlling the big 3hp keg sized 3ph motor. I also have it setup with external DC braking.

I have full speed setting and direction control of both via GCode sent to the controllers. I use modbus on the router using rs232 to rs485 comm betwen mach/computer and the VFD. The knee mill gets PWM sent to the VFD via the Centroid controller.

Motion on the router is via nema23 steppers. I use a Gecko G540 stepper controller (I use two G540s actually).

The knee mill uses encoded nema42 DC servos and like stated earlier a Centroid controller.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Sorry everything you said just went WOOSH over my head.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin Eastman said:

Sorry everything you said just went WOOSH over my head.

Arlin

Not me Arlin..... it went in one ear and out the other... I started getting dizzy halfway through. Good thing there weren't any pictures
Ted
He said he's using some really nice cnc electronics on his machines.
Lee
I do know he made a VERY nice system. I/we would also like a CNC carving system but non of us can figure out the software.

I am sure once someone worked with us on it for a while we could do it after that.

I do have a Comuserve and I can not figure it out.

You get a machine I bet some vets will figure out that software. Vectric forums and their instructional videos will get you cutting and your cnc vendor will have all the settings for the post processor software they use (machine control software like Mach or LinuxCNC) ready to go for your machine. Don't let the software scare you.

I encourage everyone to download the Vectric Vcarve pro free trial version of their software and play with it. It really is like using a drawing program - maybe easier.

http://www.vectric.com/products/vcarve.htm

Well so far none of us can figure out the Compucarve I have now.

I have been thinking of getting rid of it since it just sits in the shop for 3 years.

Arlin

Sell it and add it to your dream shop fund.

Or join the Compucarve forums and ask for p[atient help. Once running start making things with it to fund the shop.