4' LED garage lights
I am looking of some options to put some light in my garage that doesn't take forever to warm up. I was thinking of using 4' LED tubes. Looking around I found some 4' LED lights. These usually are fixtures with permanent lights. You are then stuck with the wattage they provide. They put these long life number on the bulbs but we all know these are not real world numbers so I worry about spending all that money for fixed bulls and one going out. Has anyone tried buy some tombstones and epoxying them to a board? Add a cord and small junction box and you have an LED light fixture. The other option is to get a cheap $12 2 light fluorescent fixture and just pull the ballast out.
I've converted fixtures from T8 to LED. It really is easy. It was earlier this year so I don't have any long term data on it.

We will be doing it again with some T-12 stuff in the basement.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

There was a good discussion on this a couple of weeks ago...
Shop Light Troubles
Well if you're can get 4' fixtures that cheap then get those and put $10 led bulbs from depot in it. That puts your at the same price as the led fixtures but the bulbs are replacable.

Where are your getting fixtures that cheap? The cheapest I can get are $20.
Robert Adams said:

Well if you're can get 4' fixtures that cheap then get those and put $10 led bulbs from depot in it. That puts your at the same price as the led fixtures but the bulbs are replacable.

Where are your getting fixtures that cheap? The cheapest I can get are $20.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_420865-43921-MXL...ights+utilitech
Robert Adams said:

Well if you're can get 4' fixtures that cheap then get those and put $10 led bulbs from depot in it.

which bulbs are $10. depot? Or Home Depot?
thooks said:

Why does everyone have to over-analyze the crap out of everything?

That just made my day.
EricU said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

Well if you're can get 4' fixtures that cheap then get those and put $10 led bulbs from depot in it.

which bulbs are $10. depot? Or Home Depot?

[/blockquote]

This One
Wow never seen a 4' LED that cheap. The only issue I have these is that the fixtures I have to convert to LED are due to dead ballast. My ballasts usually go before the fluorescent light bulb.
That's what I did for the garage and will be doing for the shed.

And when they break, I'll just replace them.

Life is simple.

e deploribus unum