Bandsaw Gloat
I came across this at an auction got it for $100.
Did i get taken lol

the voices in my head aren't real but they sure have some good ideas.
Thats a beastie. Single or 3 phase? Good score.
That is a serious gloat. Good on you. Not sure how I'd ever get that beast down into my shop but I would have been hard pressed to pass on it for that price.

John
I'd bring it down piece by piece...

You suck!
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

72_torino said:

I came across this at an auction got it for $100.
Did i get taken lol

the good news is that if you did get taken
the Tom foundation- a non profit organization helping woodworkers named tom in my shop- is looking for a bandsaw donation!
Very nice buy you lucky dog.

It is so nice seeing you posting here again. I hope to see you here as much as possible.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The "Bad" thing about buying big equipment is that you may have to build a bigger shop!
It is 3 phase built in the mid 70's the only reason i got it so cheap is because i was the only person there capable of
hauling it home that day.
Tom, thanks for the offer to take it off of my hands
Arlin, I will be around more when i retire in a few years
it's good to see some posts from you.
I will be building a very large shop when i retire
the voices in my head aren't real but they sure have some good ideas.
Even if you take off the wheels, table, and motor you are left with that big frame and I bet it weighs 300 or 400 top heavy lbs, maybe more. I had quite a tussle getting the frame of my "new" Mini Max J/P down the basement steps. It weighed around 300 lbs and was only about 3 feet high. Six feet high would make it so much more difficult.

John
Hey Torino, nice to meet up again.

Well for $100, I guess it was OK for this to follow you home this time!

Good luck on building the new shop when you retire...I thought I retired about 5 years ago with a similar intent but it 'ain't' happened yet. I still don't know how I ever had time to work full-time.

Let me know when you get this brute up & running...I plan to have some maple logs in the near future to saw that you can practice with!
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!