Show me your miter saw set ups
I need a rolling cart for my miter saw. I have an old Woodsmith plan or maybe two, but I was just wondering what others did with theirs.

Someday, when I finally get my dream woodshop, I'll build it as part of a string of cabinets, but for now I am looking for something that is a rolling cabinet.

Thanks in advance.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Mine is undergoing surgery right now, but essentially I have several cabinets saved from Habitat for humanity. Mine happen to match, that was a first time though

I build a low slung plywood base with 2x4" on top of the plywood, and mount the wheels on the bottoms of the overhanging 2x4's. See pic, but that is for a single cab I use as a rolling tool carry. Mostly I put a lunchbox planer on this one. This allows a drop of 1 1/2" to 3" of height over many ho made bases where the wheels are just put under everything and the cabinet sitting on top of it all.

My chop saw stand used to have folding wings, which came down for the arms on either side of the saw for work support. I have more room now and am planning a 8' long version, with the saw set over to the right side to allow longer stock to sit on the right of the blade. I have had chop saws since before they offered dual bevel options, so I'm used to working from one side. My plan is to mount 3 or 4 Hab for Hum cabinets on the base, and top it with a sheet of ply with a 2x4 support frame boxed around the cabs, so as not to increase height, set the saw up on that, and build boxes on top at the saw plate height to support stock. Those will have T Track to make sets for length limiters. (repetitive cuts).

Between the cabinets below I will leave open a space to put a dust vac, and plan to have a box mounted on top of and behind the saw that will catch all (maybe most, fingers crossed) of the dust coming off the saw, and pull it away via the vac. I'll make pics as I get it going.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I slightly modified a plan from WOOD magazine. I can't recall whether it was in a normal or special issue.

Dave
I know its not what you're really looking for , but its an alternative:

I put this:

on this:

It's very portable, and when you're done, stow it under your bench.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. . . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
This has worked pretty well for me.

danw
You don't have to apologize Admiral. I for one came to this thread looking for manual answers to the OP.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Hmm, Type 1 aluminum WorkMate, very nice!!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Building a miter saw stand was on my to-do list but then this Rousseau kit popped up as a $74 Gold Box Deal on Amazon. That was seven years ago. It's been a good stand.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/827207/...px#REVIEWS
Pine and 3" casters (lockable on the front ones). Been doing it's duty for about 20 years. Junque in the top drawer, skilsaws & biscuit joiners behind the doors.
Admiral said:

I know its not what you're really looking for , but its an alternative:

I put this:

on this:

It's very portable, and when you're done, stow it under your bench.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. . . . . .

I have the same cordless miter saw in my shop ! Quality machine. Used it for years. I have not had to replace a battery yet
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe