This really is a hand tool, with sharp edges!
Guy was giving this away at B&B, I posted "I'm in" and I got it! Free shipping too.

Edwin Jagger de89 with a Muhle handle

Really nice shaver!
If that image doesn't work....

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....hle-handle
The contest is over. That razor is very pretty. I'm sure the handle ups the value. A plain handled one goes for around $36 on Amazon. Still, to me, the best double edged safety razor is the old Gillette adjustable. It's what I learned to shave with. My neck, though is so sensitive I usually use a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo cartridge razor. Takes longer to get a close shave, but there's less blood donated in the process. Sometimes, I think about going Duck Commander and giving up shaving altogether. No telling how much time that would save me.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I use my Gillette silo from HS days. Feather DE (yellow box) are the sharpest blades I have found. Dug it out of the mementos box a few years ago when disposables quit working for me.

I'd like to say a used DE is great for scraping paint, finish, hairs and bugs off freshly painted wood, but can't.
AHill said:

SNIP Sometimes, I think about going Duck Commander and giving up shaving altogether. No telling how much time that would save me.

I did, which is why my silo was put away. But still needed something for the conference room fashionistas, which the disposables managed to clean below the jawline and tailing edges. I shaved without soap/cream. About a 30-second operation. Getting hot water took longer.

Going back to the naked look exposed how bad disposable razors and blades had gone. Of course, wrinkles and age craters had nothing to do with the situation.
Toby, I have my grandfathers straight razor from the Columbia World Exposition in the late 1800's. I just haven't had the courage to start sharpening it. When my tools are good enough for shaving I'll move on to the razor.
theoldfart said:

Toby, I have my grandfathers straight razor from the Columbia World Exposition in the late 1800's. I just haven't had the courage to start sharpening it. When my tools are good enough for shaving I'll move on to the razor.

Cool!

My daily shaver is a '20s ball end OLD type Gillette that was my old man's, my oldest razor is a 1918 thin cap OLD.

Clean up that straight, family heirlooms are nice to have.
For me the old Gillette slim adjustable long handle works best.

For blades I like Astra, Bic, Red Personna and Nacet. These can be bought on ebay for less than $10 for 100.

Personna medical prep and Kai are also very good, but a bit too pricey. Feather blades are just a bit sharp for me unless I adjust the razor down a number.

I don't use a brush but I do use a Arno soap stick first.

Does a much better job than any disposable razor at less than $.10 each. Lasts longer too!
I use a 30s Gilette Goodwill.

I bought a box of 100 Wilkinson Swords for $20. I'm good on blades for the next 8 years or so.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy