Speaking of segmenting. Question
I watched the videos on the segeasy website and it looks to me as though this guy has it figured out pretty good. Any thoughts on this system?

Segeasy]
Steve K

I've seen the videos, but no experience with it. I agree, he makes it look easy.
Thanks for posting that. He's got some pretty clever solutions. I'll have to try that out.

I've been using a miter saw and sanding the segments that, compared to his method, is a lot of extra effort and dust.

I couldn't really tell how many teeth he had on that blade. I'm guessing an 80 tooth. Any ideas?
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I am not a fan of adjustable or single runner sleds. for cutting regular segments. With that said if those wedgies are truly accurate they could save a lot of people a lot of time. I know some people have limited shop space so one adjustable sled is better then a few dedicated sleds.

I prefer the standard frame sled. Heres my version. I just put in on the saw, set the stop block and start cutting.

Even tho I don't like adjustable sleds the wedgies could save a lot of time dialing a fixed sled in. The one in the pic took me close to 8 hours to get right.
I'm curious if you put the wide side against a miter saw fence then match the blade to the angle if it would be correct. That could save miter saw users a huge amount of time.

I would guess his blade is a 50 tooth combo blade. I think that's the go to TS blade for most segmenters. It's what I use.
I first saw the segeasy sled when jerry introduced it at the segmenting symposium last year in san Antonio.

to say that his approach blew away both beginners and experts alike would be an understatement.

since then I have built a couple of sleds and helped a few others build them. for cutting basic rings the sled is fast accurate and simple. for cutting detail rings or rings with multiple component shapes, a designated sled is the way to go.

if you are looking for more info you can check out http://www.segmentedwoodturners.org/index.php
and there was a recent article in AAW magazine by jim Rodgers on segmenting using the segeasy system.

IAN
Steve,

Thank you x 3. Very interesting. I learned a lot. His whole approach seems so elegant. I have been making segmented turnings for years, using dedicated sleds because they take so long to get right. They do take up space because I make them fairly large. The longer the legs of the triangle, the more accurate the angle. I thought I had mastered the topic. Then Jerry comes along.

As Jerry would say, "Hew cool is thet?"

Doug