router template
I need a router template that will bend around an arc with a radius of about 28". Any suggestions?
What are you trying to cut? Can you not just clamp an appropriate disc of MDF to the workpiece?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

a strip of bending plywood..

1/4" masonite will bend that far too....

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

blackhat said:

What are you trying to cut? Can you not just clamp an appropriate disc of MDF to the workpiece?

It is back to the table I am trying to build. The long legs are tapered top to bottom. I was going to cut the major curve on a band saw then trim them to size. This leaves the taper from top to bottom on a curved surface. I thought about doing the taper first then the curve but I don't think the geometry works.

Study Jere Osgood, a master at tapered laminates.
Pat Warner
Cut the tapers first and stick the off cuts back on with 2 sided tape. Cut the curves second, your workpiece should be flat enough with the off cuts back in place.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Make a router compass and swing the cut out of mdf for your template. Cut the solid leg close to the cut and then use the template with a door trim bit.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Now that I see the part If it were me based on what you show I am not entirely certain I would even use solid wood for the base parts it would be far simpler to core the parts out of MDF or bender board and veneer the surfaces.

But it is not my table.

Just a suggestion.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

blackhat said:

Cut the tapers first and stick the off cuts back on with 2 sided tape. Cut the curves second, your workpiece should be flat enough with the off cuts back in place.

^^^^This^^^^
blackhat said:

I thought about this but then the taper is not perpendicular to the tangent of the arc at the ends. This will cause the taper to be both along the length of the piece and across the thickness. Maybe it would not be enough to worry about.