How's everybody doing?
Len! Good to see you back!

Yeah, once a woodworker, always a woodworker. At least as long as friends and family remember you have tools and can build/fix stuff.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
SHOW US A NICE INFILL!!!!

For old times sake, ya know.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Hi Len

"Don't underestimate the (woodworking) Force" Vader to Tarkin
"The (woodworking) Force will be with you.....always" Ben to Luke

Given all the hype around Star Wars coming back, it seems appropriate.

Wait, what is that I feel.....a disturbance in the (Infill plane) Force? You still have some, don't you??
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Hey, Len! Glad to hear from you!

Nothing much new here, except that I’ve switched to using WoodRiver planes exclusively.

Hail St. Roy, Full of Grace, The Schwarz is with thee.
Blessed art thou among woodworkers, and blessed is the fruit of thy saw, dovetails.
Holy St. Roy, Master of Chisels, pray for us sharpeners now, and at the hour of planing.
Amen.
$300 is a lot of Money!
giant Cypress: Japanese tool blog
Wilbur Pan said:

Hey, Len! Glad to hear from you! I’ve switched to using WoodRiver planes exclusively.

And here I thought I was going to respond in this thread because it's great to hear from Len....

Great to hear from you, Len. Still remember having beers at Mickey Finn's? That place has moved and been replaced by another restaurant that doesn't serve Miller Lite.

If you get this way on your travels, look me up.

Blaine
Thanks it's nice to see so many of the old group still kitting the dog. Yep I sold off about 3/4 of the infill collection and some other woodworking tools I'd picked up over the years and I was even surprised buy what they brought. I sold most for fair prices as a couple folks here can attest to. and felt good about their new homes or who was gonna control the future of the planes. I should mention I kept back my favorites and they still live in the workshop which has kinda become a catch all except for the rare project. I sold almost all the two barns of wood also but still kept enough quality and quanity for my own use. A good friend and I are contemplating a new barn on his farm for storage of his growing equipment and also a workshop and living space so all the woodworking machines might move in the spring. That;ll make the wife happy since her SUV hasn't seen the garage for many a moon. The only other news is I had the house vinyl sided and a new roof on house ,garage and workshop so I won't have to do any painting or ladder type stuff in my golden years.I did forget to mention the first summer I retired I managed to break both the heads of the long bones of my right leg at the ankle playing golf of all things,so after 14 screws and three pins ladders became a whole lot less interesting. That's about the sum of all things Len except for a few infills I might still look for. Len
ex-INFILL MAGNET
Welcome back. I just started the retirement thing myself but will avoid golf in hopes of avoiding the snapping bone thing. Hope your rehab is going well.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
JimReed@Tallahassee said:

Welcome back. I just started the retirement thing myself but will avoid golf in hopes of avoiding the snapping bone thing. Hope your rehab is going well.

What Jim said.... it's good to have you back Len. I'm 67 and am never gonna retire...
Skip