Any of you made these out of wine barrels?
Or sat in some? They look like the shape would be comfortable but would hate to make the effort to find they are not

Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That looks like one of Whit McLeod"s chair designs? He's in Healdsburg in the North Bay. Maybe he has a showroom where you could try one out.

http://www.whitmcleod.com/about.php
It is one of his I saw it for sale on CL and thought it might be a nice project but was curious about comfort level
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Looks pretty easy to make , just wonder how comfortable it is . I like the folds flat for storing .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Here's a camp chair that I made my son many years ago. The shape is very similar to the wine barrel chair. It is surprisingly comfortable for a wooden chair. The curved back conforms with the shape of your back.

To each his own, but to my eyes it looks way more artsy fartsy then comfy. Unless the upsprung seat sinks down with weight? Otherwise it would have you almost reclining, with a back not made to. If there was a pic of it being used it would maybe offer redemption. I'm thinking it would fold, which could be a big sales factor~~~~~~~?

These fold up too, and mine is so uncomfortable I fall asleep in it almost every time I use it, hate when that happens

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If you want to use wine barrels I'd look into something like this if you wanted comfort. I like the bung hole, almost says relax back rat cheer

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I may be particular, but I've never found a single chair made of wine staves to be comfortable. I live near many wine regions and see them all the time. Not one is designed well enough to be both artful and comfortable.

The one you show in particular would poke you in the back of your legs. Additionally, the seat curves upward into your backside and the backs of your legs; a "cupped" direction would be more comfortable. Or running the staves perpendicular to your legs makes for a more comfortable seat at least.

Just my observations as your seating is likely different than mine.
~Dan.
I have to say the reason I asked was because i like the look of it a lot. Yet I won't build something for looks only so that is the reason for the question

Phil Thien