Aluminum router plate
All,

I'm looking for a good quality aluminum router plate to mount my Bosch 1617 router to.

Can you recommend one?

Thanks
chris
Into your table or for hand use?
Cutter hole diameter?
Pat Warner
. I hadn't finished reading his question and my proposed answer was get ahold of Pat the Routerman.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

If it's for table use, I've been using a couple from Rockler for a PC 7518 and 690 for almost 20 years with no problems...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
For a table, love my Woodpecker's.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Routerman said:

Into your table or for hand use?
Cutter hole diameter?

Sorry, table use. Ideally I'd like to have inserts for different diameter cutters, but honestly, I never used anything but the smallest one on my previous plate. I just checked and that hole is 1 1/4".

At this point I'm vacillating between the Pro-Plate (Bench Dog, Rockler, et al) and the Woodpecker.

Is the extra thickness of the Woodpecker a benefit? It's 3/8" thick vs 1/4" for the Pro Plate.
chris
If it's flat, use 3/8". Very little depth penalty.
Moreover, the 7518 has more up/down motor travel than any router.
Pat Warner
Routerman said:

If it's flat, use 3/8". Very little depth penalty.
Moreover, the 7518 has more up/down motor travel than any router.

Thanks Pat.

I think I will bite the bullet and go for the Woodpeckers

cheers,
chris
I got the plate on Wednesday. All I can say is wow!

I'm a cheap a$$ bastage and this was well worth the asking price.
chris